Our Mission is to make new games and create new opportunities. We are based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but collaborate with talented individuals from all over the place.
Reborn in 2014, Finji was originally founded by Adam and Rebekah Saltsman in 2006. We are passionate game makers who sometimes work odd hours, but we practice inclusive team policies that support good quality of life (no crunch), and provide significant revenue shares for all team members.
Meet the Team:
Co-founder & CEO
Before relaunching Finji in 2014, Rebekah’s career began in media relations before working as a technical writer and product manager in the photography software industry. She moved into games in 2008, managing the finances and porting partnerships for Semi Secret Software. Rebekah and her husband (Adam) have published several award-winning indie games including ‘Canabalt’, ‘Hundreds’, ‘Feist’, ‘Panoramical’, and ‘Night in the Woods’, and are currently hard at work on ‘Overland’ (2018) and Andrew Shouldice’s ‘Tunic’ (2019). Rebekah is a co-designer on Overland and manages the console and storefront relationships and initiatives for all of Finji’s internal and partner publishing projects. She is a writer, an avid distance runner, and mom to two chaotic boys.
Co-founder & Director
Adam entered the game industry in 2006 as a freelance 3D modeler and released his first notable independent game, Canabalt, in 2009. Since then, Adam helped ship Cave Story+, Hundreds, FEZ, Night in the Woods, and some other games. His Flash game dev library Flixel remains a popular tool for both commercial and personal game releases. Adam serves as an advisor to Femicom Museum and the NYU Game Center Incubator, as well as helping organize GDC, Fantastic Arcade, Juegos Rancheros, the fridge, and the Duplo. He is currently working on a turn-based survival game called Overland.http://adamatomic.com
With his coming-of-age taking place during the boom of easily accessible online gaming, Harris Foster appreciated the value of a strong online community. Since then, Harris has helped craft communities for major online projects, write pieces for PlayStation and G4TV, make appearances on video content for IGN and Giant Bomb, and more. With Finji, Harris set out to create a community that resembled what he always wanted to see in his favorite online spaces.http://harris.zone
Our 2017 Award-Winner Gets Localized to Japan
- secret stuff we can’t post about yet
- fixes for the show floor demo
- finally fixed the haunted End Turn button
- started working on localization
- more secret stuff
- SLIME TECHNOLOGY
- rebalanced every map
- rebalanced wood shield
- democratized slime removal
- ash-lump corpses aren’t alive anymore
- ugh more secret stuff sry sry sry
- new scavenge locations!
- PHOTO MODE
- new rescue locations!
- new item: flashlight!
- new item: garbage!!
- inspect is more instant now
- fixed “dismantle corpses” bug
- can’t drag corpses into vehicles anymore
- rebalanced out-of-gas levels
- fixed old car armor visibility bug
- fixed several trade / camp bugs
- fixed siphon bugs
- fixed ‘COMBIN’ label
- no more too-friendly fuel-hunters
- fixed thing of too many angry folks
- camera angle adjustments
- loads of new audio from maestro jocelyn!!
- fixing the haunted End Turn button
- updating the demo title screen oops
Finji's 2018 was a whirlwind. See what we have to say about it here.
- fixing some game over mileage stuff
- fixed a mid-level ambush crash
- time of day fix in intro level
- new trade UI at camps