Based in Grand Rapids, MI
Rain or shine, day or night, this toad is on the run! Eat bugs, get new powers, explore the swamp, and search for secrets. Watch out for blimps, owls, and other hazards! Help Toad hop to safety in this lavishly illustrated arcade game from the creators of Super Splatters! and illustrator Nina Limarev.
Work on Runaway Toad first began in 2013, when Niv Fisher and Alon Shama built a bunch of simple prototypes. The goal was to learn their way around Unity3D, after working primarily in homebrew engines for games like The Splatters (XBox 360). These were all side projects, frequently shelved for weeks or months at a time.
However, one particular prototype, initially inspired by Flappy Bird, just seemed to click with everyone that tried it. They decided to add a bit of polish and publish it, so they hired Nina Limarev to make some shippable art in October 2014. She totally blew the team away with her art style and direction for the game world and backstory.
The team agreed to overhaul the game in order to do justice to the rich swamp world Nina had created. In many ways this was the beginning of Runaway Toad as we know it - a children’s book that has become a videogame, or a videogame that has become a children’s book, or maybe both.
- Simple one-touch controls
- Piles of missions, goals, and secrets
- Gorgeous HD art and animation
Logo & Icon
- "elevates it to something original and fresh by eliminating the “auto runner” element and making it more calculated experience, but still keeping that adrenaline pumping time crunch element."
- Brett, appaddict.net
- "Once upon a time there was a princess in a tall castle who kissed as many toads she could in order to find her Prince Charming."
- Jared Nelson, toucharcade.com
- "Auch die Grafik und der Sound sind auf Top-Niveau, zudem gibt es keinerlei Werbung, In-App-Angebote oder anderes F2P-Gedöns."
- Marcus Schwarten, iplayapps.de
- "a one-touch platformer that features power ups and a mystery"
- Clement Renaudin, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "...incredibly excited to get my hands on this endless hopper when it launches."
- Jared Nelson, toucharcade.com
- "...plays remarkably well at this point, with the game hopefully releasing in March as a paid game."
- Carter Dotson, toucharcade.com
- "Runaway Toad turns a classic fairytale into a hopping swampventure for iOS and Android"
- Chris Priestman, pocketgamer.co.uk
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Reborn in 2014, Finji was originally founded by Adam and Rebekah Saltsman in 2006. Our mission is to make new games and create new opportunities. Finji's internal development teams build original games for mobile, desktop and console, in addition to 'publishing' games by other independent developers. We are based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but collaborate with talented individuals from all over the place. We are passionate game makers who sometimes work odd hours, but we practice inclusive team policies that support good quality of life (no crunch), and provide significant revenue shares for all team members.
More information on Finji, our logo & relevant media are available here.