Based in Grand Rapids, MI
February 14, 2012
Capsule is a single-player survival game played entirely through a radar interface. Players navigate a hostile landscape, learn about their surroundings, and unravel a classic sci-fi story in the process. Best played in a dark room with headphones.
Please see the Additional Links section below for an in-depth exploration of the genesis of Capsule.
- Asphyxiate alone in the coldness of the sea... or is it space? Neither?
- Distorted retro radar display only shows you what it can see.
- Terrifying audio by Deep Sea and Soundself creator Robin Arnott.
Blackbox Recovered YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Wot I Think: CAPSULE"
- Alec Meer, rockpapershotgun.com
- "'Capsule' is a claustrophobic survival game from the mind behind 'Canabalt'"
- By Andrew Webster, theverge.com
- "In Space, No One Can Hear You Curse"
- Harvey Smith, witchboy.net
- "Canabalt, Deep Sea devs release Lunar Lander-inspired Capsule for PC"
- John Polson, indiegames.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Finji allows for the contents of Capsule to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Capsule is legally & explicitly allowed by Finji. This permission can be found in writing at http://finji.co/about/sheet.php?p=capsule.
Capsule on Venus Patrol - Notes and Introduction
Notes and introduction from Adam and Robin can be found here: venuspatrol.com.
Reborn in 2014, Finji was originally founded by Adam and Rebekah Saltsman in 2006. Our mission is to make new games and create new opportunities. Finji's internal development teams build original games for mobile, desktop and console, in addition to 'publishing' games by other independent developers. We are based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but collaborate with talented individuals from all over the place. We are passionate game makers who sometimes work odd hours, but we practice inclusive team policies that support good quality of life (no crunch), and provide significant revenue shares for all team members.
More information on Finji, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Audio + Design, Freelance