Based in Grand Rapids, MI
January 7, 2013
Simple in concept, deep in design, Hundreds is a puzzle game that requires quick fingers and deep thinking. The goal of Hundreds: Grow at least 100 points between the circles in each puzzle. Circles turn red and volatile while being grown and if they collide, it's game over. Original design and art by two-time Apple Design Award-winner Greg Wohlwend, with audio by electronic musician Loscil.
Hundreds took well over a year to produce and remains the largest internal Finji undertaking to date. After release it rose to #3 on the iPad paid app charts, and #5 for iPhone. Reception was unanimously positive, with more than a dozen 5-star reviews.
- Over 100 unique puzzles - no filler
- Elegant, minimalist graphics
- Mesmerizing original soundtrack
Android Launch Trailer Vimeo
Making Of YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable Mention, Achievement in Visual Art" Independent Games Festival, March 2013
- "Honorable Mention, Best Mobile Game" Independent Games Festival, March 2012
- "Honorable Mention, Nuovo (innovation)" Independent Games Festival, March 2012
- "Official Selection" IndieCade, October 4, 2012
- "'Hundreds' Is the Haute Couture of Video Games"
- Ian Bogost, theatlantic.com
- "Hundreds is a stylish iOS puzzler"
- Josh Centers, boingboing.net
- "...so far, the best new game of the young new year — gets tough fast."
- Stephen Totilo, New York Times
- "Most games on my iOS devices fall into the “puzzle” genre, but few of them possess the style and thoughtful design of Hundreds."
- Ryan Rigney, wired.com
- "It's hard to explain, but genuinely hypnotic to play."
- Stuart Dredge, theguardian.com
- "So Far, Hundreds Is the 2013 Game of the Year"
- Stephen Totilo, kotaku.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Finji allows for the contents of Hundreds to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Hundreds is legally & explicitly allowed by Finji. This permission can be found in writing at http://finji.co/about/sheet.php?p=hundreds.
Juegos Rancheros: Hundreds Behind the Scenes
Watch Greg and Adam discuss the creation of the game, includes sketches! venuspatrol.com.
Second Narrows Remix Album feat. Loscil, Heathered Pearls, Shigeto
Available for $10 CAD from loscil.bandcamp.com.
Reborn in 2014, Finji was originally founded by Adam and Rebekah Saltsman in 2006. Our mission is to make new games and create new opportunities. Finji's internal development teams build original games for mobile, desktop and console, in addition to 'publishing' games by other independent developers. We are based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, but collaborate with talented individuals from all over the place. We are passionate game makers who sometimes work odd hours, but we practice inclusive team policies that support good quality of life (no crunch), and provide significant revenue shares for all team members.
More information on Finji, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art + Design, Freelance